Thursday, October 9, 2008

Nana's Have Suprises Too!




Needless to say, my mom couldn't stand the fact that she hadn't seen us in 2 1/2 months. And by "us", I mean Grant and Mason. So on October 9th, my mom flew in for a week to visit! It was a wonderful week, crammed full of memories. We have realized that that is how we have to do it since they live in Virginia....just do as much as we can in a short period of time. We had lunch together, shopped, went to Apple Charlies, watched flag football, visited with Gram and the rest of the family, made a yummy roast, got my hair cut off, and in our spare time, she proceeded to smooch off Mason and Grants cheeks! It was a great surprise for Grant - I picked her up from the airport and we went right to his school to get him. She was sitting in the back seat with Mason (that tells you where I rate now - chauffeur!), and he saw luggage in the front seat. Once I calmed all of his fears that I wasn't going away, he opened the back door and launched himself across the back seat, including Mason! We were all so happy to have her here. I still haven't got used to the fact that they don't live here anymore, and it's always bittersweet when they have to leave, but we treasure the time that we do have together.

No comments: